Womens Parris Campbell 2019 Jersey
The Colts prospect interviews are rolling along as we approach these players’ Pro Days. Today’s player interview is Arizona State DT Renell Wren. The Colts are looking for more help on the interior..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Colts StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Colts NewsYahoo Colts Team PageYahoo Colts ReportYahoo Colts Depth ChartYahoo Colts TransactionsYahoo Colts PhotosShop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕NFL GeneralColts AnalysisInterviewsColts Prospect Interviews: Arizona State DT Renell WrenNew Cheap Gerri Green Youth Jersey ,35commentsEDTShareTweetShareShareColts Prospect Interviews: Arizona State DT Renell WrenJoe Camporeale-USA TODAY SportsThe Colts prospect interviews are rolling along as we approach these players’ Pro Days. Today’s player interview is Arizona State DT Renell Wren. The Colts are looking for more help on the interior and the athletic Wren could provide the youth and upside they need.The interview will be towards the bottom of the page as we talk about his “freak” status as an athlete, what he watches on film, and how he feels about one-gapping in the Colts’ scheme.BackgroundSize:6’4” 315 pounds with 33 3/4 inch armsMeasurables: 40 Time: 5.01 / 10-yard split: 1.75 / Bench Press: 30 Reps / Vertical Jump: 32 inches / Broad Jump: 118 inches / 3-Cone: 7.65 secondsCareer Stats:81 total tackles, 14.5 tackles for a loss, 3 sacks, 5 pass deflection, and 1 forced fumble.Fit with the Colts:The Colts could use more interior help going into the 2019 season. Even with starters Margus Hunt and Denico Autry returning, there is a void at the run stuffing interior lineman spot with Al Woods departing in free agency. Wren could fill that role excellently and provide some much needed youth and upside to the interior. Wren is a force against the run with elite strength and get off. He will need to develop as a pass rusher but luckily he could sit behind Hunt and Autry until he develops more of a moveset. He would be a great developmental run stopper for this team.Film RoomAs a run defender, Wren is a load for offensive lineman. He drives players back into the backfield every play with a nasty bull rush.Did I mention his power? On top of that, his first step is incredible as well. Flattens guys.Showed that he was developing his pass rush as well in Mobile for the Senior Bowl.InterviewZH: You were awarded the Tim Landers Iron Man Award and Team Captain honor this past year for Arizona State. What did those awards mean for you?RW: Winning the Iron Man award from the strength coach was definitely a blessing, just knowing that I put in the work during Spring ball and still in the summertime. I was also grinding it out in season because our coach didn’t believe in us just lifting a small amount of weights here and there during the season, we kept going strong. It was definitely great receiving that award and just knowing that I had to work my but off in order to get that. For the Captain, a lot of people this past season on my team believed in me and just knowing that I can hold my composure and lift the team up when we go through adversity whether it is practice or a game and understanding that I wanted my team to come together and take care of a win each week that we had. ZH: You were listed as one of Bruce Feldman’s “Freak” college players going into your Senior Season. Would you describe yourself as a “freak” athletically?RW: I really would. For my size, being able to put up numbers like that is just outstanding for others to see and just knowing that I have the capabilities of being one of the best players on the field. ZH: He mentioned that your squat was 600 pounds and your bench was 430 pounds before your Senior year. I’m just curious, what is it at now?RW: For squat I’m still around the same. For bench I’d say 450 is my max now. ZH: Going to your play on the field, you had your career best year for Arizona State this past season. What was the key to making that big jump your Senior year?RW: The key thing is that it was my last go around playing at ASU. I wanted to reach my dream of playing in the National Football League and knowing that I had a lot of work to get there. I really just put myself before others as far as just sacrificing. I heard about the Reese’s Senior Bowl and I wanted to get invited to the Combine so I said I’m just gonna work and I wanted the coaches to believe that I can bring a lot towards the team for whatever organization I get picked to play for. ZH: A lot of scouts and evaluators talk about you as more of a two down run stopper. Would you agree that you are that or argue that you are more?RW: I would argue that I have the pass rush ability to be a three down player. When I attended the Reese’s Senior Bowl, I told a lot of coaches that I can rush the passer from bull rushing up the field to getting skinny and working around my opponent to get to the quarterback. It’s all about them just believing that I can bring a lot to the table if they select me.ZH: Film review is a big part of football. As an interior defensive lineman, what are you looking at when you watch film?RW: When I watch film now, playing in a three man front, I would really look at the two guards and the center. I would check out their hand placement, how heavy or how light they are, how balanced their stance is, and I’ll check the backfield with the quarterback and running back too. Are they offset or are they going here or there. I’d also look at the strength formation Cheap Justin Houston Youth Jersey , if the tight end is on or off. A lot of things tell you where a play is going so I really had to get a feel for what side they run the ball, what side they want to pass and everything like that.ZH: A big part of your game is your quickness off the snap or your get off. Is that a natural trait or something that you continually worked on?RW: I really worked on that, I wouldn’t say there’s anything natural about it. It kind of became second nature when I was playing games this past season. I was really just on the timing of the snaps, I just had the instincts of like just knowing when they are going to snap the ball and watching film and everything of other team’s cadence and all that stuff. I really practiced that and really just focused in on looking at the ball and not the man so just the little things that I’ve been practicing in order to keep that natural towards the season last year.ZH: You were invited to the Senior Bowl this offseason. How was that experience for you?RW: The experience was great. Being selected out of hundreds of players, the best college football players in the nation, and just competing against the best in the three practices that we had and also in the game. Just being there, having interviews with scouts and coaches... I was on the North side so I had Coach Gruden, the Head Coach of the Oakland Raiders, the Defensive Coordinator— Coach Guenther— and that defensive line.. Yeah man it was a great experience and it definitely helped me out with my draft stock a lot so at the end of the day it was a stressful week but it was all worth it.ZH: Who in the NFL do you compare your game to the most/ model your game after?RW: I would say Fletcher Cox from the Eagles and Chris Jones from the Chiefs. ZH: I like that Chris Jones one. He’s a lengthy guy.RW: Oh yes. A lot of people compare me to him because of my physicality, size, and being able to just disrupt the field and having the athleticism to get to the ball and being versatile. That’s the biggest thing. A lot of coaches are looking at players being versatile, I actually played the 1, 3, and the 5 at the Senior Bowl. ZH: Last questions here are Colts-centered. The Colts run a scheme that is based around one gapping. Shooting gaps rather than taking on double teams up the middle. Do you think you would fit well as a one gapping type of player?RW: Oh yeah most definitely. Wherever they want to play me, I will do my best to fit into it. We had a couple formations in the previous scheme at Arizona State where I had to two gap, I had to one gap because of the flank that we had to do so yeah I could definitely... going into it I’m not saying it would be easy for me but it's only because I did it so many times at Arizona State that I’m comfortable doing a one gap or two gap, anything really. ZH: Finally, how would it feel to join a defensive group that consists of young players such as Darius Leonard and Malik Hooker? How would it feel to join a young, hungry defense like that?RW: On a young defense we could grow each and every day and every year that we stay together within that organization. It also is an advantage being young so we can learn quick and still have those bodies to work and have our motors on 100 the whole time and just be more comfortable around each other and grow. I don’t really know how to explain it but at the end of the day having a young defensive line and defense group is a good thing. Well, I woke up this morning and checked to be sure, but yesterday’s awful performance wasn’t a nightmare. The Colts really did get shut out by the Jaguars to lose 6-0 in a game they absolutely had to win. The offense was bad in every phase, and the coaching left a great deal to be desired as well. I don’t have near enough space to detail all the losers as thoroughly as we probably should, and I’m not sure I have the energy either. As you might expect Indianapolis Colts Parris Campbell Jersey , this isn’t going to be a very pretty column, so let’s just get into it so I can get all this toxin out of me and never think about this game again.WinnersDenico AutryReinhold Matay-USA TODAY SportsTalk about a game. Denico Autry came to play, even if almost no one else did. He put up a monster defensive performance, notching 3 sacks, 7 tackles, 4 QB hits, and 2 forced fumbles. He has 6 sacks for the season, despite dealing with injuries that have sidelined him or altered his ability to play at his best for a bit of this season. Considering that Autry was signed as a virtual nobody from Oakland, his impact on the team has been a significant one that is worth recognizing. Autry is a young guy who fits perfectly inside this Colts defensive scheme. Props to him for playing hard in this game.Honorable Mentions: Jabaal Sheard, Matthew AdamsLosersFrank ReichReinhold Matay-USA TODAY SportsThis was Frank Reich’s worst game as a head coach. As the primary offensive play caller, Reich was unable to make the necessary adjustments to deal with Jacksonville’s excellent coverage, and seemed to struggle to dial up plays to get his receivers open. The Colts ran the ball just 6 times on first down, opting to pass instead. In theory that had worked against the Jaguars the last time, so it could again. However, in practice it was a miserable failure. Starting out the game that way would have made sense given their success last time with the pass. However, once they saw that it wasn’t effective and that the game was close, it seems like calling a more balanced and less predictable offense would have made more sense. Reich’s worst calls were in the second quarter when he went for it two different times on 4th and 1. Both attempts failed, and both came well within field goal range. I am all for being aggressive and trying to score touchdowns instead of field goals, but we were not facing the Saints, where you have to score on every drive to even have a prayer. This was the Cody Kessler-led Jaguars. Priority 1 should have been to put points on the board. Getting a lead would have created more urgency by the Jaguars offense, which was being thoroughly outplayed by our defense. Additionally, as we would see, those two field goals would have kept the game at a tie Womens Parris Campbell 2019 Jersey , and the 3rd failed attempt to convert the 4th down in the 2nd half would have provided an opportunity for a 3rd field goal which could have won the game. This was simply poor play callingTo top it all off, the clock at the end of the game was managed poorly, with the team getting back to the line to go very slowly, as well as running a ton of time off the clock before eventually taking a time out. The end result was that the team ran out of time while driving to attempt to score. It was a bad showing, and a moment to remind ourselves that Frank Reich is doing this for the very first time. For a rookie head coach, he has been remarkably good, but he wasn’t today. I don’t anticipate having to write about Frank Reich being a loser very often.Anthony CastonzoPhoto by Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesCastonzo is not alone in getting abused by the Jaguars’ defensive line, but as the most tenured, highest paid, and ostensibly best offensive lineman on the team, he has to be better. He consistently struggled to deal with what was being thrown at him by the Jags and did not put up nearly the kind of performance we’ve expected from him through this season. The real killer was late in the game when Castonzo blocks down on Calais Campbell and lets Ronnie Harrison get a free hit on Luck when they absolutely have to have a 4th down conversion with 2:34 left in the 4th quarter.We know what this line is capable of, and the Jaguars defense that showed up today is the one that took this team to the AFC Championship game last season. You can’t sleepwalk through a game against these guys, and that is what it looked like Castonzo was doing.Ryan GrantDouglas DeFelice-USA TODAY SportsI gave credit to Denico Autry for the job he did, so another one of Chris Ballard’s offseason acquisition deserves credit for his work too. Ryan Grant, the guy who was supposed to be able to provide a number 2 to Hilton’s 1, was a complete non-factor today. He was targeted twice, with one being an egregious drop. The consistent inability of Grant, or really anyone, to get open was a major factor in getting Andrew Luck hit. When Grant was open, he dropped the ball that came his way. Not the kind of contribution the Colts needed.Dontrelle InmanDouglas DeFelice-USA TODAY SportsWhile Inman has been a solid pickup and contributed reasonably well this season, he was, like Grant, largely not a factor in this game. He was targeted 6 times for just 2 catches and 14 yards. However Indianapolis Colts Parris Campbell Jersey , it was one of those missed targets that really hurt. On 3rd and 9 from their own 45-yard line, the Colts had an opportunity to get the kind of chunk play they couldn’t all game. Despite pressure, Luck hung in there and aired one out to Inman for what would have been a huge gain. For whatever reason, Inman turned his body the wrong way, and couldn’t get flipped back around right, so instead of the Colts getting a big play to put them in the red zone, they punted. The Officiating CrewLook, I know that complaining about the refs is something most every fan base does, and it is worst after a loss, but this was one of the most poorly officiated games I’ve seen in a long time, and it wasn’t biased to one side or the other, it was bad all around. They missed obvious calls, like when they called T.Y.’s clearly incomplete ball a catch, and they made bad calls frequently, like the roughing the passer call against Matthew Adams who had a great sack in which he clearly used his shoulder to tackle a ducking Kessler. Their worst work was inserting themselves into the game’s finish and claiming that forward progress had stopped Erik Swoope as he was tackled out of bounds, which should have stopped the clock and give the Colts one more shot at the end zone before time expired. It was not only an incorrect call, but it robbed the Colts of that shot and of a better ending to a really lousy story. Don’t misunderstand me, the officials aren’t the reason the Colts lost this game. They provided more than enough of those to do that on their own. However, this crew shouldn’t be anywhere near an NFL field without a lot of improvement.

posted Jul-8-2019 @ 03:12 by linchao