Wes Horton Color Rush Jersey
Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the Hog Molly Report Taylor Moton Jersey , where winning in the trenches is all that matters. Before we begin, we open with the reciting of our usual motto:In the spirit of Mr. Gettleman’s words (regardless of him having moved on) and the philosophy of building a team from the inside out, my goal will be to watch the hog mollies each game during the season and give them a grade based on their performance. This week, we’re going to do something a little different. Instead of closely analyzing the tape from the Steelers game, we are just going to throw it in the garbage where it belongs and talk about some issues that came to the forefront during the game. I personally can’t stand to watch that abysmal performance again, and I don’t think you really want to re-live it that much either. Rather than do those things, this will be more of a Q&A format of questions that I have been asked repeatedly over the season so far.Offensive Hog MolliesWhen Matt Kalil is healthy, will he return to the starting lineup? Will we cut him next season and roll with Chris Clark?Yes, I think he will, especially after what we saw in this most recent game. While Matt Kalil is certainly not anything like he was expected to be in the NFL when he was drafted in the first round, nor has he lived up to the contract we gave him, he is still a better option overall at left tackle than Clark. Clark was completely exposed during this Steelers game, giving up pressure on nearly every offensive snap, making for the third game since he has come in that he gave up a least five pressures. While Cam has done a good job getting the ball out or avoiding those pressure, there’s a good chance that Kalil would provide less of them overall. As far as the future is concerned Wes Horton Color Rush Jersey , unless the Panthers are able to draft a talented left tackle this year, you can almost be certain that Matt Kalil will be on this team next season due to his contract. Even if they do make that draft choice, there is a good chance that he’ll still be here and even potentially starting for a little while. Chris Clark will likely only be retained if no draft choice at tackle is made.What will we do with Taylor Moton when Daryl Williams returns?First of all, Daryl Williams will not be back this season. Secondly, with Moton playing the way he is, where he is, I think we have probably seen the last of Daryl. Even with a major injury like the one he sustained, someone is going to be willing to pay him a fairly decent price in free agency that I don’t see us ponying up for. The scenario of us re-signing Williams and moving Moton to the left side still seems very far flung to me.How’s Greg Van Roten doing?Other than the Thursday disaster, he’s been very good, and seems to be getting better. The bad times started happening for him on Thursday when he probably started worrying about Clark’s assignment and his own, trying to do too much. I think we’ve found another good long term starter at guard. John Matsko be praised.Defensive Hog MolliesWhat or who is responsible for the regression on defense?The overall age of certain players we are still relying on for significant minutes is definitely playing a role, but the buck as a whole seems to stop at Eric Washington. I concur with the general feeling that he is in over his head, and that you can’t just keep promoting from within for the sake of continuity every time you have a vacancy.What is up with Dontari Poe?It isn’t that he’s not doing his job in a basic form, which is why the Panthers have been very difficult to run on up the middle except in this most recent game, but it’s more about the fact that we expected him to be more of an impact guy. What is supposed to be a trademark combination of speed and power for a guy his size is just not showing up at game time. It’s hard to say if he has regressed Stephen Curry Jersey , is being lazy, or simply isn’t what he’s billed to be, but we are overpaying the hell out of him right now to be a sub-standard nose tackle.What do you think of the defensive end position?It’s the worst it has been in the Ron Rivera era. Mario Addison is doing his best to be an impactful player, but Julius Peppers across from him has shown that even incredible talents will eventually succumb to father time. Wes Horton has been a decent rotational piece, but other than that one game, Efe Obada has been completely ineffective. Brian Cox Jr. has also shown very little in limited action, and beyond that, Marquise Haynes is a project guy with potential that just isn’t ready for primetime yet.The Panthers have not invested any significant draft capital in the position in several years, and that is a huge mistake in the modern NFL, where a great pass rush is really the only effective way to play defense. Barring a left tackle being available, my preference would be to see our first round pick spent on improving the pass rush any way we can, and probably another pick after that as well if someone doesn’t come here in free agency. It is very unfortunate that Daeshon Hall and Kony Ealy didn’t amount to anything, but really, more of an investment has been needed for awhile. The Panthers have not spent a first round selection on a defensive end since drafting Julius Peppers in 2002, and as we know Shaq Thompson Color Rush Jersey , he is about to retire after an unusually long career. That is not a recipe for success in 2018. The fanbase is divided between offensive tackle and edge rusher when asked which is the bigger need."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomSB Nation FanPulsePanthers 2019 NFL Draft#FanPulse: Panthers fans believe that edge rusher is the team’s biggest need ahead of draft weekendNew,32commentsThe fanbase is divided between offensive tackle and edge rusher when asked which is the bigger need.EDTShareTweetShareShare#FanPulse: Panthers fans believe that edge rusher is the team’s biggest need ahead of draft weekendPanthers fans, sign up for FanPulse here!In a recent FanPulse survey, Panthers fans answered the question ‘What is the Carolina Panthers’ biggest need?’ and the votes were primarily split between two options: offensive tackle and edge rusher. According to our participants, the Panthers’ biggest need heading into the 2019 NFL Draft is an edge rusher.Offensive tackle wasn’t too far behind the top spot, though, and there’s a good reason why. The Panthers have a major need at both positions, and will hopefully address those needs with some of their seven picks in the draft this weekend. But who should they draft? We’ve gone back and forth, and around and around over and over again for the past several months trying to answer this question, and we still don’t have a definitive answer. But hey, that’s what makes this whole thing fun, right? (That is why y’all like this right? Just to argue with each other?)2019 SB Nation NFL mock draftCheck out this exclusive recap of the 2019 SB Nation writers’ mock draft from our podcast network!Here’s a short list of prospects at each position that the Panthers can — and should — consider drafting with the No. 16 pick in the draft. (Full disclosure: The players are listed in alphabetical order to avoid bias.)Edge rusherBrian Burns, Florida State: The Panthers have said multiple times this offseason that they want to use a hybrid defense that contains both traditional 4-3 and 3-4 looks depending on the in-game situation. They’ve backed this sentiment up with the addition of veteran Bruce Irvin in free agency, and they could continue building on this philosophy with the selection of Burns. Burns would be a good addition as a pass rusher and could line up at 3-4 outside linebacker on Day 1 for the Panthers, and would be a solid rotational piece during his rookie season. If he’s there at No. 16 Kawann Short Jersey , the Panthers should seriously consider writing his name on their card.Clelin Ferrell, Clemson: Ferrell is a more traditional 4-3 defensive end, but the Panthers need some of those in the worst way. Currently there are only five edge rushers on the roster: The aforementioned Irvin, Mario Addison, Efe Obada, Bryan Cox Jr. and Marquis Haynes. I’m not sold on this group being good enough to compete in the NFC South, and I believe if the Panthers want to draft a pass rusher then they should seriously consider taking Ferrell if he is available.Montez Sweat, Mississippi State: Reports are starting to materialize about concerns over Sweat’s health that have dropped him completely off of some draft boards. The Panthers should do their due diligence to find out if these concerns are valid or if we’re looking at a repeat of the 2014 draft when Star Lotulelei fell into the Panthers’ lap over a ‘heart condition’. If it’s the former, then the Panthers should wait and see if Sweat is still there in the second (or even third) round. If it’s the latter, then Hurney should probably sprint to the podium with Sweat’s name written on the card.

posted Oct-24-2019 @ 03:17 by linchao